Wednesday 10 April 2013

Bruschetta with Cherry Tomatoes and Mozzarella - Recipe

 For being somebody that love to cook, I can be really lazy sometimes and have zero inspiration. For those days, I still need to eat, and I prefer something easy, comforting and warm. For me, my Bruschetta with Cherry Tomatoes and Mozzarella are perfect for such days. 

My all time favorite inspirational YouTuber, Laura Vitale with her channel Laura in the Kitchen, is somebody I always go back to when I need easy and quick recipes. She makes the most delicious Italian food for all types of occasions. Her recipes are my first option I go to, when I need some great  and traditional meal ideas for those days I invite my Italian in-laws. She has at least 10 different ideas when it comes to do bruschettas. There are indeed endless variations and just use your imagination and you can create whatever topping you want for them. They are perfect to have as a snack, starter or side dish.

Ingredients:
13 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 mozzarella ball, shredded
few fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 French baguette, sliced diagonally
2 tbsp butter 
3 tsp of mixed dried herbs and garlic powder
1 pinch of salt and pepper and dried parsley 

Method:

1-Preheat the oven to 190C degrees. Wash and half the cherry tomatoes, shred mozzarella ball and chop the basil leaves. Mix it in a bowl and sprinkle over salt, pepper, and dried parsley to taste.


2- Slice the garlic baguette diagonally to get more surface, each slice should be ca 1/2 inch or 2 cm thick. Mix the butter with the dried herbs and garlic powder. Butter each slice of the baguette and add   an even amount of the tomato mix on each of them. In two of the slices I deliberately removed tomatoes as few family members don't like them.


3- Put the bruschetta slices on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and the mozzarella has melted.



The two following youtube clips by Laura Vitale are my inspiration for this recipe:




Enjoy!

No comments: