Thursday 4 July 2013

Pimp up a bought cake

Few days ago I made a cake to give to my neighbors and got some vanilla and coconut cream left over. I did not want to throw it away so I saved it in the fridge, trying to think of a way to use it up. When husband came home yesterday, he had bought a vanilla and chocolate cake from our supermarket. Since it looked quite plane, I decided to use the vanilla and coconut cream to pimp it up.


 I cut the sponge cake diagonally to create two layers. I spread spread both the vanilla and coconut cream on the first layer and put on the top layer so that it looked like a Victoria sponge cake with a cream filling. The cake was really delicious and moist and the cream made it so much tastier. Although I usually make my own sponge cakes at home, I can now buy a good quality cake and just pimp it up by adding different layers and fruits.


No comments: