Wednesday 15 March 2017

Berry pie with vanilla icecream

Often when hubby is asked to buy stuff, he buys many of the same category to safeguard from getting told of in Case he buys the grown item. Instead of puff pastry he bought pie dough. Oh well, no in harm in that. It is always nice to find new items to experiment with in the kitchen. 


So before the pie do experied, hubby reminded me to use it up. I had frozen berries and vanilla ice cream in the freezer. So I thought let's make a nice dessert.

Ingredients:
Bought pie dough
Frozen or fresh berries, blue berries and strawberries
Ripe pear
Vanilla sugar
Vanilla ice cream 

Method:
1. I rolled out the dough and placed it in an oven form. All excess dough I cut in long strips. Then I cut the berries in thin slices. I put the pear slices first and then the blueberries and strawberries. Sprinkled over the vanilla sugar to taste, roughly 2 tsp. 

2. I folded down the pie dough from the form and added the strips of the leftover. It almost covered it all. Then baked the pie in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees. I took out once it was golden brown.

3. To be served with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. It was so tasty. The pie was not to sweet so it was perfect with the ice cream



Enjoy!

No comments: