Monday 13 March 2017

Guacamole with creme fraiche - recipe

I bought a net of avocados at Lidl thinking baby will like it. But he spat it out no matter what I mixed it with. So I forget them in the fridge. After few days I saw them and decided to use them up. They were perfectly ripen and perfect for a guacamole. To make it a healthier option, I used crisp flat bread instead of tortilla crisps. Equally yummi!


Ingredients:
4-5 small ripe avocados
2-3 tbsp creme fraiche
Handful chopped fresh parsley
1 ripe tomato, chopped
Juice from 1 lemon
Seasoning to taste: salt, garlic powder, cumin, paprika

Method:
1. Cut out the avocado flesh and mash it with a fork in a wide bowl. Press the lemon juice over it, to prevent the avocados to become brown. Add the creme fraiche and mix well.

2. Chopp the parsley and tomato finely and add it to the bowl. Season it with the spices to taste. Mix well and cover with plastic foil and keep it in the fridge.

3. Serve with crisp flat bread or tortilla chips. I made the flat bread crispier by putting it in the toaster for few seconds. Be careful not to burn it though.

Enjoy!


No comments: