Friday 7 April 2017

Teriyaki salmon with vegetables and noodles - recipe

Hubby has mentioned a few times now, that we eat to much rice and should choose other options. So I will be trying some new priceless meals now :) Today I mad salmon with homemade teriyaki sauce, wok vegetables and egg noodles. 

I was worried that the sauce would not be good enough or taste completely different, as I do not often do this type of cuisine. But I felt that I need to try it and surprisingly it was really nice. What really made me happy was that even my toddler ate it with good appetite. 

Therefore, I think I will try to be brave enough to make more from the Asian cuisine. We generally love to eat it outside, so not it is time fore me to make it home cooked as well.


Ingredients:

3-4 pieces of salmon
Egg noodles cooked according to the package
Pack of frozen wok vegetables, 500 grams
sesame seeds
1/2 dl soy sauce
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp curry powder
few tbsp oil
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil


Method:
1. Start by putting the frozen wok vegetables in a deep pan and fry it in a few tbsp of oil on high heat. Add 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce and curry powder. Once it is golden brown, put aside.

2. Make the teriyaki sauce by adding soy sauce, 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic powder to a sauce pan on medium heat. Stir it and add the cornstarch so that it starts to thicken. Taste it and add whatever you feel is missing. Lastly, add the sesame oil and sesame seeds.

3. Take have of the sauce and brush it onto the salmon pieces. Bake them in the open until golden brown for about 20-30 minutes in 200 degrees.

4. Once the salmon pieces are done, it is time to assemble the dish. Start with the noodles, then the wok vegetables and put on top a piece of the salmon. Brush more of the teriyaki sauce of the salmon.





Enjoy!

No comments: