Sunday 12 August 2018

Purslane tzatziki yogurt dip - allotment recipe

Purslane! Finally I found the name of this green plant that we use in our delicious Kurdish perpina yogurt dip. The Swedish name is portlak. Took me ages to find the name, I used search words such as edible succulent, as I find them looking like succulents. 
Anyways, I know now that the name o this deliciously peppery plant is purslane. In some places it is a weed but not in Sweden. Here, we grow it in the allotment. So here is another allotment recipe that we have been using non stop during the summer as it is lovely to serve chilled with bread to dip in it. 


Ingredients:
1onion
2 small cucumbers
2 tbsp chopped mint
2  cups of chopped purslane
garlic powder
dill
parsley
salt

Method:
1. Chop the onion, cucumber and purslane and mix in a bowl.
2. Add the seasoning to taste and see if anything is missing, then add more.
3. Serve it as a side dish, or simply with toasted bread.



Enjoy!

No comments: