Monday 25 June 2018

Vegetarian pasty made with baking powder ( piroger) - recipe

Today I made vegetarian pasties. The dough was really fluffy and easy to make as it did not need any yeast. I simply used Anna Marias recipe. I loved the taste and thought I should make more for picnics. Here I served it will salad and hummus.



Dough ingredients:
8 dl flour
3-4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 dl milk
100 g butter

Filling:
3-4 boiled potatis
Frozen vegetables: peas, corn, paprika
1 onion

Spices: paprika powder, cumin,garlic powder, curry, salt and pepper to taste

To make:
1) boil potatoes. Dice onion and fry them with the frozen veggies on midium heat. Add the spices. Once semibrowned add chopped boiled potatoes. Add few tbsp water and let fry and steam for roughly 20 min on low heat. Let cool.

2) Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter in pieces and mix it. Add the milk and form to a dough.

3) Roll out the dough and cut out circles, 15 cm in diameter. Fill the dough and fold the circle.  Pinch it well so it does not open. I made it like a braid. Bake in oven for 10-15 min in 220 degrees.




Enjoy!

No comments: