I love salmon with potatoes. But whenever I find a new recipe with a new twist, I like to try it, to add variation to how we make salmon at home. This time, I was checking Instagram and saw their quick food videos. One clip was showing how to make pastry baked salmon. So here I have simply tried to follow along.
Three pieces of bone free salmon fillets
1 ready pastry roll
1 mozzarella cheese ball
1 handful of fresh spinach leaves
2 tbsp creme fraiche
spices: fish mix, mix of herbs, paprika powder, garlic powder to taste
1) Roll out the pastry dough in a baking dish covered with baking paper.
2) Lay on it the salmon fillets
3) Gently fry the onion, the spinach leaves together with creme fraich, season with the spices.
4) Add the filling on top of the salmon and top it with the mozzarella slices as shown below:
5) Cut the dough as per picture. Lay one slice of the dough at the time to form a braid. Brush it with oil and sprinkle some dried herbs on top. Bake it in the oven for 45 minute at 180 degrees.