Thursday 6 September 2012

Fast Pizza - Recipe

As I mentioned yesterday, a fast pizza is sometimes the best comfort food when you don't have much time at hand to make a dinner from start. I bought 3 pizza bases with tomato sauce and cheese on top, and then I simply used what ever ingredients I had at home today to put on top of it and baked it in the oven.



The ingredients I used were as follows (these can be chosen or left out to taste):

  • A chicken breast diced, grilled (a later post on how I make the grilled chicken my way)
  • A half green bellpeper, grilled
  • A quarter of a small eggplant, grilled
  • A quarter of a leek, grilled
  • Sweetcorn
  • Tomato, sliced
  • Sea salt to taste
  • Cheese


After i grilled the bellpeper, eggplant and chicken in a pan I sprinkled the grilled ingredients, as well as the tomato, sweetcorn and the extra cheese over the pizza base. I put on the oven to 190 degrees celsius and baked the pizza for about 15 minutes. But be careful, as all ovens are different. Your pizza might require more or less time in the oven, but when you see it is golden brown, it should be done.

I would suggest a nice cabbage or green salad to be served, as we would do in Sweden :) 



Now, I just tried out and used these particular ingredients on the pizza this time, however, you can really use whatever you feel like having on your pizza. You can use salami, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, other veggies etc. Let your imagination free when doing your pizza :) The crucial ingredient is an already made pizza base with tomato sauce and cheese. That makes the baking of the pizza very simple and takes no time at all to have a dinner ready within 30 minutes.

Enjoy ! 



1 comment:

Helene said...

I'd never thought about buying a plain pizza and adding my own stuff. That's why I love food blogs. They give you some simple yet amazing ideas on how to transform a dish :)
I also love the lasagna :)