Thursday 20 September 2012

Homemade Beef Burgers - Recipe

I love beef burgers, especially making my own burgers. Ever since I show one of these documentaries on what the food companies put into their beef burgers I stopped buying them and decided to make my own. Although it can be a little more expensive, it is totally worth buying the meat and make your own beef burgers, at least you know exactly what they are made of!

There are many different varieties of beef burgers and what to put into them, and this is just one of my many recipes of how I make them. You can put as much and as little into the mix. This time, I used very little ingredients :) Usually I love to stuff the meat with veggies. This is recipe for today:


Serves 3-4
Ingredients:
300-500 grams of minced beef ( I always go to the butcher and choose a nice beef steak and let them mince it for me once)
1 onion, half chopped, half sliced
dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
ground garlic, 1/5 tea spoon
roasted paprika powder, 1/5 tea spoon
olive oil, 3 table spoons
worcester sauce, few dropps
asian spice mix, 1/5 tea spoon

Usually, you should use an egg and some flour to make the meat bind well, but I skipped it this time. You also need: tomatoes, lettuce, onion (I used roasted onions), cheese, beef burger dressing and ketchup for putting it together.


Process:

1 - Heat up the oven t200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
2- Mix all the ingredients for the burgers and shape them rounded. Put them on an oiled oven tray and put them in the oven until golden brown. If the tray gets watery from the burgers, I just take out the tray, pour out the water and put it back in the oven until done.
3- Let the meat rest for few minutes and then put it together with the tomato, onion and lettuce, dressing, ketchup, cheese and serve it with coleslaw and french fries.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Miss C Flash said...

Nothing beats a good homemade burger :-)