In my family rice is often eaten several times week, but I don't do that. I feel it is to heavy and also new recommendation show that it should not be eaten to often. Instead I like to cook bulgur. It gives a lighter feel and more healthy in my opinion. However my husband think it is very bland. But knowing, I always love to use spices and seasoning to jazz up my cooking.Also in dish it makes up for the unhealthy fried chicken.
2 Chicken breasts, cut into thin fillets and pounded to 1 cm thickness
1 cup bulgur, cooked according to instructions on the package
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika powder
1/2 dried coriander powder
1/2 cumin powder
1/2 cup polenta
2 eggs beaten
Salad: tomatoes, paprika, cucumber, lettuce and lemon juice
Yoghurt sprinkled with dried dill
1. Start by cutting the chicken breast into halves lengthwise and then pound it evenly so that the thickness is 1 cm. Pat the chicken dry with kitchen towel and put aside. Mix half of the spices together with the polenta in a flat bowl. season the chicken with salt and pepper. In another bowl beat 2 eggs together.
2. Cook the bulgur according to the instructions. Add the other half of the spice mix to the water to add seasoning and taste. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Dip the chicken in the egg and then polenta and make sure the is an even coat of the polenta on the chicken. Fry it in a frying pan with vegetable oil on medium high heat until golden brown on both sides. Put the fried chicken on a paper covered plate to soak up all excess oil.
4. Wash and cut the salad ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice.
5. Once everything is cooked, serve it in a wide plate with a tbsp of yoghurt sprinkled with dill.